Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I can not believe it's the end of July already. Emily is now 19 months old. She is such a good little girl. She has a little attitude if she doesn't get what she wants, but don't all women?
She is saying a lot of words - some that we understand, but most that we don't. I think we can understand about 15 - 20 words, which I think is good for her age. She is not saying any 2 word sentences yet (unless "Mom Nah" counts!!).

We've had a busy month of July starting off with going to Hayward with my family for our annual trip. Kory and I had our birthdays - didn't do too much, just went to Buckhorn with his family.

We went to the Dane County Fair a few weeks ago. I got up early one Sunday morning and took Emily myself. We got there about 9am and am pretty sure we were the only ones there...the roosters were still cock-a-doodle-do-ing.... :) We had soooo much fun walking around and seeing all the animals. Emily loved the baby goats running around and even got to pet a cow. She's a brave little girl. About 10:30 Daddy called to see how it was going and I convinced him to come down. We had such a nice family day. Ended up eating way too much fair food, but had a great time.




Here is Emily telling me very clearly that she needs her "Nah" - a.k.a. pacifire. The hand pointing goes along with yelling the word Nah quite loudly. We are working right now on getting rid of the Nah. We are on night #2. It's going okay. Yesterday went a lot smoother than tonight. Tonight was rough...but she is asleep. Yay.


Here is Emily with her princess crown and sparkly shawl...actually it's a flashing party girl tiarra and some red garland!! But she has good imagination :)

We had a good friend's wedding last weekend. It was in downtown Madison and was absolutely georgous. We do have kind of a funny story behind this though...Kacey is looking at this picture wondering why I am wearing my fabulous dress we bought shopping on Saturday - but Kory...hmmmm...he's not wearing the cute shirt we picked out for him. Ok - so I bought him a dress shirt in size Medium...I thought it would fit...well....we got down to the hotel and were getting dressed when Kory puts the shirt on and was like...um...this doesn't fit. I'm like WHAT??? Oh no. So yep...it was 3:30, we had to be at the church by 4--so we went running down state street trying to find a men's shop. Somehow we ended up Lands End..so that's the shirt we came up with...hey - it worked!!! It's funny now, but at the time it was not so funny. He was not very happy with me buying him a Medium.

Here's a pic of Beth, Sarah (the bride) and me. We had such a nice time!!
And Beth and I had matching colors on that day!! Good choice Beth!


Not too much else exciting going on. Been playing with Zander as much as possible, trying to see him at least once a week. Hard to believe my little nephew is over a month old already. He's as cute as ever and did very good shopping on Saturday! He's going to be such a good little boy.
This weekend we are heading up to the Trab, so I will hopefully have some pictures to post next week.

No comments: