Friday, October 31, 2008

A Card from a Friend

I received a card from a very good friend a few weeks ago when I was going through a rough patch. I keep it posted at my desk and I read it almost every day.

I believe in you...
in your spirit,
your goodness,
in the way that you face each day
with a commitment
to your life
and the things
that really matter.
I believe in the decisions you make,
in the careful consideration
you give each challenge,
in the perseverance
you've shown
when others might have given up.
I believe that you possess
an extraordinary strength
and endless reserve of resilience-
even more than you realize.
You are a person of enormous courage,
someone truly special
in this world,
a rare and beautiful gift
to all of us...
And I hope you'll never forget
that I believe in you.


Thank you for that card. It is so special to me. I am so thankful to have you (and your Harry Potter wand) in my life.

No comments: