Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Walk for Hope

On Sunday, we walked in the Walk for Hope to find a cure for Breast Cancer. It was an emotional day as one of my mom's clients died on Monday after a 12 year battle with breast cancer. My mom was there for the 12 years of fighting, of shaving her head, and giving her hugs when she needed them the most. What an amazing fighter she was.

Here are some pics from our walk. It was a little chilly down in Chicago (it was actually in Glenview, IL), but we bundled up and had a great walk.

Mom and Emme:

Here is Emme in her shirt that Grammy got her - it says "Find a Cure Before I Grow Boobs", she got so many compliments on it. What a cutie pie!

Here is the whole group. It was Christine & Katie on the far left, then my mom, Me & Emme, Mary Hornish, Casey and Lori.

Thanks to all who donated. My mom's shop Lasting Impression raised $600 towards the cause! Nice job ladies!!

1 comment:

P, K, O, & L said...

Love the shirt and that adorable hat on Emily! I sure can't wait to see her in November! (and you guys too!) What a great cause to walk for...way to go!