Tuesday, December 11, 2007

36 Week Check-up

I went to the Dr today for my 36 week check-up. This is a big one because they do your first cervical exam. I am happy to report that I am not dilated at all yet...but my cervix is softening. He said normally your cervix feels like cartilage (kind of like the end of your nose) and now it's feeling like your lips--so a lot softer. So that's neat!!

He also did a quick ultrasound to verify position and the head is down!! yay!!! He's hoping that won't change between now and delivery, but there is a slight chance it could change. The heartbeat was around 155 which is what is has been since the beginning. We all know that means it's a boy, right????? You just never know :)

I had an appt today to get the car seat checked and had to cancel because the roads were so bad! I didn't think it was a good idea to head to the other side of town with the roads as nasty as they were. So hopefully I can get in sometime before the baby arrives.

Well I think that's it! Just wanted to give an update. Hope everyone is enjoying this snowy December!

No comments: