Monday, April 06, 2009

Our First Craft Project

My friend at work showed me pictures of her 14 month old finger painting and I said WHAT??? Emme hasn't finger painted yet! I'm behind the 8 ball. ha ha So sure enough I went out and bought some washable (WASHABLE is the key word here!!!) finger paints and got her all ready with her "painting" bib that Aunt Kalli bought her. She didn't know what to do at first with the paint which is how she ended up with it on her lip. Then she figured out how it all worked. She had a blast painting!!! She made her first two pieces of art work and I am going to save them...well at least 1 of them :) So she can have it when she moves out of the house. Don't all parents give you a big box of crap when you get your own space as an adult? I know mine did :)








So then after she was all done - we put her paints up in her closet and she saw where we put them. So all last night she kept pointing up there like she wanted to paint some more. This morning when Kory got her ready for daycare-he said the first thing she did when she got out of the crib was walk over to her closet and point at the paints. What a smart little girl!!!
Oh - and she said "Ball" for the first time this weekend. YAHOO!!! Word 4, I think. Yay!




2 comments:

grandma bonnie said...

She is the smartest little girl and the best artist!! She painted really well. We will have to bring the paints over to my house and do some artwork for my refrigerator!! She is such a cutie. Love you Emily...

Anonymous said...

You are a very good artist, Emily! When I come and see you in June we will have to paint together. Owen would love for you to make him a picture!! Have fun in Texas with your cousins!! miss you, kristen