Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I am apologizing now for having not written in so incredibly long. Life has been busy this summer. The last time I wrote was just an adorable pic of Morgan--isn't she so cute? Well let's see...where to start...Scott (Morgan's Daddy) is graduating from the police academy today and we couldn't be any prouder of him. I can't believe he is now officially a police officer. Way to go Scotty Boy!!! Or shall we say Captain??

Last weekend was Sarah's bridal shower in IL. It was a fun time had by all. I can't believe the wedding is just a month from today!

This saturday is Allison's baby shower. She is officially 6 weeks from due date and counting. I can't wait to see everyone at the shower. Then next Saturday is Kelly's baby shower...there are baby's everywhere! It's fun though.

On a sadder note, my friend Dawn's mom passed away a few weeks ago. Casey and I were able to get off work and head down to the funeral. It was so hard. I have not been to many funerals, thankfully. I have been quite lucky in my life. She died of gliablastoma which is a fast spreading form of brain cancer. The illness started in March, she was diagnosed in June and died in July. It all just happened so incredibly fast. I know Dawn and Aamer are staying strong and just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers guys! And I can't wait to see the new puppy, Lola!!!

Lets see...what else to write...OH, Kory and I went and saw Sugarland in Eau Claire and got meet and greet passes. That was super fun!!

Last Saturday after Sarah's shower, we met up with a bunch of friends for dinner at Laredo's. It was Casey, Amy, Beth, Paul, Matt, Brenda, the 2 air force boys (Dave and Jeff), Sarah, and Kory. It was really fun. After a few margaritas and dinner we headed off to Pooleys for a few beers, then on to Waunafest. It was hot and they only served Miller Lite, so we didn't stay there too long. It was about 1am or so when Kory and I headed home.

Nothing too exciting to write though. Casey and I are going shopping tomorrow after work. I have to head to the west side to get my dress altered for Sarah's wedding, so figured as long as I was already over there I'd go shopping for a dress for Mikaiya's baptism which is Aug. 19th--yep, back to Texas in the middle of August. But the little peanut is SOOO worth it!

Okay, back to to doing what I really should be doing which is Kacey and Tony's books. I promised myself I would get deposits done tonight. I need to work for my shopping money.

Hopefully I will write again soon.

No comments: